Segmental Tank Engineering and Design Features
- Tensioning design is for 200 PSI residual bi-directional compression, after hydraulic loads.
- Bed tension will exceed 1500K on a deep tank, a production consideration.
- Significant elastic shrinkage in diameter after hoop tensioning. Cast ring notch after.
- Corrosion resistant mix design
- Minimum 2" cover on all reinforcement, strand ends sealed with epoxy
- 316 stainless any exposed embed.
- Lower tendon ducts have 12 strand at .60".
- Buttress panels have significant reinforcement including hoops, hairpins, and spiral.
- Lightweight mix design is necessary to keep panels road legal.